Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vintage??

Hi again!! Welcome back!!

I'm so excited to share with you my latest adventure. Many may know that I have no idea how to do anything Vintage, yet I still want to!! So when I saw this hair tie at the dollar store, I just knew I could do something 'vintage' with it. *L* Isn't pretty?? I thought so.....for days, and days!!

But nothing was hitting home with me. But after a couple of days I was bored and went to Joann's to look for another project. I like to look in the remnant bin for lace or trim ends, but that day I found this crushed green silky material. I thought, now this could be vintage!! I don't get ah-ha moments often, so work with me!! :) So I bought it, brought it home, put it on my work table, and yep...that's right I looked at it...and the cameo for awhile. Then in a rare event, 2 in one week, I had another ah-ha moment. I could totally see what it was going to look like and believe it or not...it was VINTAGE. (I think)

I started by pulling out my bling and pearls. I had to spice up the old girl. So I pried off the hair thingy and add the bling and pearls to just the right places. Then I took my green silky fabric and cut a circle and sewed it in to a yo-yo. Added the cameo to the middle and Waahhhh-lalalalala:


After that, I got a bit creative...well, creative for me!! These are the ones I made after my original ah-ha moments!! What do you think?? They are a bit time consuming but I really like how they turned out!!



So that's what I've been up to the past few days. How about you?? Made anything exciting lately?? Have you stepped outside of your box?? That's something I don't do too often!! Please let me know if you think these are vintage. If not.....I guess I'll keep these and forget vintage again for awhile!! :)

Until next time........tootles!!

2 comments:

  1. Miss Melody!!! These are soooooo flipping gorgeous and YES they are very vintage!!!! Oh my goodness, I LOVE them. They are the purrfect touch for a card, album or layout!!
    You did awesome girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome, girl! And fabulously vintage--you rock!

    ReplyDelete