Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gifts...From Me and To Me

I love to give gifts!! I love to see people smile!! When it's a surprise, it's even better!! I would love to be able to send everyone a gift, and have it arrive on a day that they are feeling lonely, sad or blue!! So.... I've been making a few gifts for some special people in my life!!
This is a little Coffee Album. I wanted to go with a vintage theme, but just couldn't seem to find graphics for it. However, a lot of these 50 type graphics came up on my search, so I decided to go Retro!! It was a new adventure for me, and defiantly out of my box, but I think it turned out simple but cute!! What do you think??

Another gift for a sweet friend. I was out about one day and saw this little saying and instantly thought of my friend. Poor thing is going through the hot flashes stage of life. I had a good laugh and wrote it down quick so as not to forget it, because I knew I wanted to use it in a fun gift for her!! I got the cowgirl image off the Internet. Printed it twice, cut out the cowgirl and put her on pop-tape on the other print out. Paper glassed the horseshoe, added some stickles to glam her up, add the rest of the embellies and wa-la!!



Another gift tin, re-invented!! And, yes, it's a gift for a friend!!



I have another friend that I wanted to make something special for. She is very sweet and is doing something wonderful for some other friends of mine. So I altered this little recipe box that I had gotten at Michael's for just .50 cents!! I love a good deal!! I hope she likes it!!



This was a gift to me. Not made by me!! Isn't it gorgeous?? Thank you so much Debbie, I absolutely LOVE it!! Really take a moment to look at this girls, lots of gorgeous details in this!!


Another gift!! Some friends of ours are moving to Dallas and clearing out there house. They gave me this great box full of cigar boxes!! LOVE them!! Thanks so much to Dave and Michelle for such a fun gift!! I totally see altering in my future!!



Last but not least...My good friend Val has a fabulous new website I think you should check out!! There is a DT call up right now, so hurry over there and email them your entry!! Val and Renee are super sweet girls and I know they're site will go far!! So be sure to check them out, here:

Well, I think that's it for now.

Thanks to everyone who left me comments!!
I love to know what you think and that I'm not here all alone!! *L*
So, if you have a moment, please say hi!!
Until next time.........Tootles!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Where to start? I absolutely adore the retro album - it's right up my street. The colours you've used are spot on. Also love the flowers on the two boxes you decorated. I'm so very jealous that I'm so far away from JoAnn's and Michael's.... Also, want to agree with you on the pleasure of giving gifts. It makes such a difference in life! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww such a lovely friend you are... spreading the smiles and love around! love the vintage flavor...really nice work on the album and altered tins and boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete