Thursday, August 19, 2010

Marie Antoinette

There is a lovely little swap going on over at SB.com called,
"Marie Antoinette Shoe Fetish Swap."
The hostess was very nice and invited me to join.
I was so excited!! Something new to make!!
I have to say, however, that the shoes are cute when finished,
but man are they a handful to put together!!
For the swap, I needed to make 2 shoes for 2 different ladies!! We are also suppose to add something extra in the package to go along with the shoe.
I found these little unfinished hand mirrors and decided that if I dressed them up to match the shoes, they would be perfect as my "extra!!"
I have to say, they were a lot of fun and I plan to make a couple more!!
So...here are my shoes and mirrors for the swap:






As for our hostess for this swap, Martica, (http://marticadesigns.blogspot.com/) I wanted to make her something. She really likes Marie Antoinette, so I decided to make her a mirror with Marie on the back!!
I covered the mirror with paper and glued on all the lace and pearls. Then I put 2 layers of Liquid Glass over Marie to make it super nice. I liked the result.


So that's what I've been up to the last week!!
How about you?? Anything new?? I'd love to hear about it!!
Please leave me a note if you have the time!!
Until next time.....Tootles!!

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, Miss M!!! Martica is gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE that mirror!!! All of the queens will, you did such a beautiful job on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these little mirrors are just so pretty! Thanks for the little extra! Boy you and Euroalien are really making me think as to what little extra to tuck in! But I think I have an idea...hmmm...just hope I have enough matching paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i simply love the vintage feel of this.... really lovely stuff you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg simply stunning . You did such a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete