Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Paper Crafts

Hi!! I hope everyone had a great week!! Our week was pretty good. Didn't get much done in the way of scrapping but here is what I've been working on!!

My dad had neck surgery last week. Since they went in from the front he ended up with a SORE throat. I had seen this little kit on the web and went looking for it as I thought it would be perfect for my dad. I was so happy to find it again. (Check it out here: http://barspaperpursuits.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial)
Inside is a Chicken Noodle Soup mix and a bag of cough drops!! I was so tickled with how cute it turned out. Everyone who's seen it think it's cute, too!!

Still finding these little baskets fun and cute!! This is a 9x9 Christmas one. It's the first one I've put feet on and find them darling!! Even DH thought it made the basket much cuter!!
Our school is sponsoring a Arts and Crafts Fair in November. I hadn't thought of ever having a table at one of these type things, but since it's for the school....I'm gonna have a table!! (more on this later) Sooooo....I need to make some things to sell. This is what I started with:
Butterfly Lip Balm (the butterflies are 3-d) I thought I could sell these for $1 each
Then I thought, "CARDS, Cards could be good!!" I have a rather hard time making cards but I'm trying to make at least one a day just using scraps...I have a TON of scraps. Here's a few I have made so far:
Cards I thought I could sell for $1.50 each What do you think?? Fair price??





A quick note...not sure how many people in my area of the map read this, but if you are/do and maybe interested in a table at the Arts and Crafts Fair, please email me or leave me a note with your email and I'll send you a few details!!

Last but certainly NOT least....
My beautiful, creative daughter made this little horse head. She drew the head and cut it out. Found an old chain and took it apart. Using tweezers and a glue bottle, she created this. Now I know I'm her mama and thinks she's amazing, but isn't this awesome?? She's interested in selling it at the A&C Fair, but we're not sure how much she could get for it. Any help with that would be great. Thanks!! (the frame is 3.5 inches by 4.5 inches)

Well, I'm thinking that's all for now. Thanks so much for following my blog!! I love comments, so if you have time, please leave me a note!! If you have any idea's about the Arts and Crafts Fair that you could share with me, or idea's of inexpensive things I could make for it, that would be wonderful!! Thanks bunches!!

Until Next Time..........TOOTLES!!

8 comments:

  1. Those butterflies are soooo cute!! What a great idea. I know I would buy one cuz I use the balm. Love the basket and the cards are so dang pretty and you have a great price on them. LOVE the horse head. Being who I am I thought i would pay 5 bucks for it especially if a kid made it. She is very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Lisa said. Awesome picture of the horse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little doc bag is darling!!! so is the lip balm butterflies!! YOu should sell your cards for at least 2.00 !! Maybe more like 3.00 even.
    Your daughter did a great job!! She is sooooo creative... takes after her momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, don't undersell yourself! I think 1.50 is too low! the butterflies are a great idea, and your daughter's horse head is really original - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a dollar? oh gosh... I would so buy it for at least $2!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been so busy lady! Those chapstick butterflies...I am so borrowing that idea as a project to do with my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the horse and the things you are planing on selling are so cool, good luck I know you are going to be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is so creative. I think the lipbalm butterflies are very nice. Maybe sell them at 1.50. And Omg to your daughters horse just such talent. Tell her to keep it up. (Smile)

    ReplyDelete