Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Sweets

I really enjoy making Christmas goodies every year. We have some that are tradition and to not make them would be un-Christmas. These include mothers super-duper-chocolate cookies, her spicy molasses cookies, Mexican wedding cakes, mice cookies and Vashti's 7 layer bars. I was a bit conservative with my baking this year, but mother was not! We had tons of cookies and candy for her 43rd annual Christmas party! Actually we had enough fudge and candy for 3-4 trays each of the candy:


And about 5 maybe even 6 of the very large cookie tray's:




A couple random close ups of 2 special kinds of cookie/candy that DD and I make each year:

Mice Cookies:




And Bacon and eggs:



We also really enjoy dipping, and eating, chocolate dipped pretzels!! YUMMY!!


Lastly is the cake that DD made for the party. She didn't go all out this year, but I still think it was cute!!




That's it for this time. Since I may not post again before Christmas, I want to wish each and everyone of you a VERY Merry Christmas!! May it be filled with love and happiness!!
Until next time...............Tootles!!


2 comments: