Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hello!!

Here I am again!! Back with a few more things for the Arts Fair. I truly am about finished making things for it. I have about 240 items made at this point. I do have a couple more things that I was planning to do, but I'm not feeling a rush to do them!! *L*

Here is a little mailbox I made. The mailbox was paper mache. DH cut a dowel for me for the post and I super glued it to a wooden base. Covered it in fake snow, added the holly and poinsettia at the base and I'm thinking I'm done!!

A year or two ago, I bought 2 packages of tea lights in glass holders for $2 bucks each box. So for $4 I got 12 candles/holders. Well, I came across them while looking for something the other day and thought...why not!! So I made little 2" boxes for them , added a bow and tag, and now I have little candle packages!!


These are Basic Grey punch out Bird boxes. I also found these the other day in my box of 'specialty' paper!! They are so cute!! I filled them with Hershey Kisses.

I also made another Hair Stylist Survival Kit. The girl who does my hair, loved hers and all the other girls are dying for one, so I thought I might be able to sell it!!



Last but not least....My DD and I went downtown Friday night for the Fall into the Arts, Art Walk. It was AWESOME!! So many amazing, talented artistes!! Our favorite, however, was the man doing Blown Glass. OH MY WORD!! AMAZING!! We were fascinated!! We watched him make the piece below. When he was finished he gave it to DD because she was so fascinated with the details of making it!! She wants to go to the art center and take a class. I want to, too!! *L*


I do believe that is it, at the moment!! Hope you'll take a moment to say hi!! I hope all is well with you!! Take care and have a GREAT week!!

Until next time.............Tootles!!

2 comments:

  1. Just love the stuff you make. You are so creative and the bird boxes are fab. They are so adorable!!!!

    That blown glass is awesome. What a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 240 items? wow! you are so productive, and the things you make are so good lookin'. looking forward to finding out how you get on at the Fair! x

    ReplyDelete