Hello!! Thanks for coming by!!
It's my favorite time of the week.
It's my favorite time of the week.
The day I post about Stampin Sisters in Christ!!
I'm gonna post the project first so I don't forget!!
It was to use an encouraging phrase and something silver.
Here's what I came up with:
This week the devotion comes from Grace Nywening .
She has some good things to say:
Proverbs 10:20-21 "The tongue of the righteous
is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked
is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many,
is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked
is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many,
but fools die for lack of understanding."
Have you ever REALLY stopped to think
about the impact our words can have?
about the impact our words can have?
Our words have the power to build up or to tear down!
Proverbs. 18:21 says “The tongue has the power
of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Have you ever known someone who struggles in the area of
“holding their tongue”? Most of us have…
whether it’s that person who lashes out in unbridled anger
“holding their tongue”? Most of us have…
whether it’s that person who lashes out in unbridled anger
and their words pierce like a knife, or that critical perfectionist
who can never be pleased and
has to let you know it with harsh and cutting words.
has to let you know it with harsh and cutting words.
Think of the damage that can be done to the child who is told
“you’ll never amount to anything…
you can’t do anything right”...
you can’t do anything right”...
or the credibility and trust that is lost
when a lie is told to a loved one.
when a lie is told to a loved one.
Sometimes things like this
can cause damage that lasts a life time!
can cause damage that lasts a life time!
However… have you ever had a special encourager in your life?
Have you had someone who just believed in you,
encouraged you in the faith, helped you understand
your worth and value to God?
What a blessing a person like this is! Read More.....
Have you had someone who just believed in you,
encouraged you in the faith, helped you understand
your worth and value to God?
What a blessing a person like this is! Read More.....
This is very encouraging in itself.
A reminder that our words can cut deep
or heal a wound.
Two things come to mind when I read this.
First a verse that hangs on my mirror in
First a verse that hangs on my mirror in
4 different translations. My favorite translation for this verse
is the message:
"Watch the way you talk.
Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth.
Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth.
Say only what helps, each word a gift."
Ephesians 4:29
The other thing is a little saying I picked up somewhere:
"We are responsible for what we do,
no matter how we feel."
I tend to say just what I'm thinking.
You don't usually have to wonder what I'm think or feeling,
I'm pretty open to tell you!!
Sometimes this is just not a good thing.
I recently lost a very dear and precious friend,
for doing just that. I wasn't trying to be mean,
I just had something on my mind and
I told her about it. It came out all wrong.
I'm so crushed and hurt that
I hurt her enough with my words, that she
I just had something on my mind and
I told her about it. It came out all wrong.
I'm so crushed and hurt that
I hurt her enough with my words, that she
keeps her distance now. I never meant to hurt her!!
I wouldn't have done so in a million years.
I wouldn't have done so in a million years.
But I messed up and each word was not a gift....
it was a pin that pricked the heart.
I love her so much. It has left a hole in my life.
No matter how many times I say,
I'm sorry, it doesn't take back what I said,
even if it is the truth!!
They say that you can say 10 nice things,
and just one unkind, but it's the one that will be remembered.
So...I'm telling myself....
you are all my witness, that I will work on
making each word a gift, and make better
decisions as to what will cause pain,
and what will lift one up!!
decisions as to what will cause pain,
and what will lift one up!!
I also have a wonderful friend who listens to me,
puts up with me, and tells me that it's
all gonna work out!! She's awesome!!
I simply adore her!!
I try very hard to be that same kind
of friend to her and to others as well.
I actually work hard to be an encouragement to others.
I try to point out the silver lining of the cloud that's looming.
It can make all the difference in the world!!
Truly it can. And that's back to the verse:
"...Say only what helps, each word a gift."
I want to build others up, not tear them down!!
I'm not sure if anything I just wrote makes
one lick of sense, but there it is.
I really want to be a better friend, mother, wife and person!!
Thanks bunches for stopping by!!
Until next time...............tootles!!





What a wonderful card! I really like it a lot! Loved reading your devotion too. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
ReplyDeleteHi Melody! Oh your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and all the sparkle... and that verse is wonderful and encouraging! I loved reading your thoughts on this week's verse too! You added some great verses for us all to ponder! I pray that with time and lots of prayer and efforts to heal the hurt relationship, that you will once again enjoy that special friend! We all struggle in this area... but it's good to be aware so we can allow God to show us where we need to work on things! :)
ReplyDeleteThis was just wonderful!!! Very good words to go by!!
ReplyDeleteOh Miss M!!! I loved your words!!! They are so encouraging, truly!!!! I tend to say what I am feeling too, and I have hurt people's feelings as well and then feel so bad afterwards.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, you are such a dear friend!!
Hugs, love you and God Bless!!