Challenges!! A rather new concept to me. Oh I've seen them all over, but really haven't done that many. That has changed a little. I think it started with the challenges I did for Scrap.Laugh.Love. and these tags. I decided to do a bunch of new and different things to make the tags. A personal challenge of sorts. I had an idea in my head about what they should look like when I was finished and started pulling out supplies.
I started with manila tags. Then I used my sizzix embosser and embossed them. Next I glimmer misted them. I started with candy apple, and then added some gold and some hula hoop green. I thought they looked ok. So then I went on line to find the images I wanted to use. Of course I visited the Graphics Fairy and also googled to come some of them. I also got a little help from a friend to find a couple specific images. I printed them and then embellished them a touch. Now I was ready to put them all together. I added a bit of cream colored lace, the image, some pearls and a flower. Added the ribbon to the top and wa-la....Tags!! It was a challenge for me to do so much to get them to look like I wanted them too, but I was truly happy with the result and will probably try it again!!

I started with manila tags. Then I used my sizzix embosser and embossed them. Next I glimmer misted them. I started with candy apple, and then added some gold and some hula hoop green. I thought they looked ok. So then I went on line to find the images I wanted to use. Of course I visited the Graphics Fairy and also googled to come some of them. I also got a little help from a friend to find a couple specific images. I printed them and then embellished them a touch. Now I was ready to put them all together. I added a bit of cream colored lace, the image, some pearls and a flower. Added the ribbon to the top and wa-la....Tags!! It was a challenge for me to do so much to get them to look like I wanted them too, but I was truly happy with the result and will probably try it again!!
So....after challenging myself to make something new, I decided to do a couple challenges on some blogs I check into every so often. Give myself something new to do.
This card is for the challenge over at JUGS ( http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ ) We are suppose to make a gate fold card. This one was fun!! You should check them out!! They have some cool stuff on their site!!
The front:
The inside:
This was a challenge. If you've been over to Scrap.Laugh.Love lately, you know they're currently running a Design Team Call. If you haven't been to visit them, be sure to check them out here: http://scraplovelaugh.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-idea-and-new-team.html and consider trying out for the DT. I'm not sure I'm applying yet....so many ladies who do such great work is intimidating!! But I decided to do the challenge involved with the DT call. You were suppose to make a LO, Card or tag using one of the following things: Yarn, Masking Tape, Old CD, Bubble Wrap or Cupcake Wrappers
So....I wanted to see how many of those things I could use to make a card. (You only have to use one of them for the DT challenge) So....I used an old CD for the base of the card, made a flower out of cupcake wrappers, and used yarn to make the center of the flower!! WOW!! I'm really stretching myself!! *LOL* But it was fun!!
Last but not least is another personal challenge: To make a LO of Gracelynn as great as the other one I did. I fell a little short with this one!! The pictures are just so awesome, but I don't think I did them justice. Oh well...It will do!!
Only 6 days until the Arts and Crafts Fair. Fingers crossed it's a great success!! I have faith!! I'll tell you how it went next Sunday!! Next Sunday is also the last Nascar Race. Who's gonna win?? I don't know!! Hoping for someone new this year!! None of the top 3 are on my 'good' list, but it will be nice to have it over!! Next year will be even better!! :)
Thanks to all that stop by!! Leave me a note if you have time!!
I hope each of you have a FABULOUS week!! Let it snow, let it snow!!
Until Next Time...........Tootles!!





Wow Melody! You've been busy!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't decide about doing the DT call for SLL because of it going to weekly challenges. Bi-weekly I probably could do.
Watching the Nascar race as I write this. Routing for Denny, though hubby and I would rather Tony win it but he's too far out for it to happen unless EVERYONE else blew engines. LOL.
Those are some awesome tags Melody...love the way they turned out. I am gonna have to try that...Love the gate fold card also..you have been busy!! And that lo of Gracelynn is so precious, you did a fab job on that. You are right those pics are incredible. I wish I had some of my babies like that!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your post is chock full of goodness! Love your gatefold card! So many pretty accents to ponder! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous creations! You've been so productive :)
ReplyDeleteLovely gatefold card - so sparkly and wintry :)
Great take on the gate fold challenge! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!
wow...another fair coming up? thats nice...
ReplyDeletethe tags and cards looks great...and the layout...very elegant and soft...
Lots of lovely projects here! Great job with the gate fold card!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!
Melody! Gee whiz girl! You have been busy! I love your set of tags and also you gatefold for JUGs is smashing! Great cool blue color combo and I love the sparkle elemens to your card. Thank you for playing with Just Us Girls this week!
ReplyDeleteMiss M, those tags are gorgeuos!!! You did a fab job on all your projects!! Love the gatefold card too and the layout is sooooo pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, hon!!
Hugs,
Kat