This week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ,
it's all about dad's!!
My husband is such a wonderful father!!
I love to listen to him and our daughter
talk about anything!! They are just such amazing
people and I am so blessed to have them
as my little family!!
The devotion this week was given by Lisa Hjulberg.
She picked an awesome verse this week:
Scripture: Ephesians 6:2-4 (NRSV) "Honor your father and mother"--
this is the first commandment with a promise:
{3} "so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."
{4} And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Since next Sunday is Father's Day, I picked making a Father's Day card
(or, alternatively, a card praising our Father in Heaven) as this week's challenge...
you don't want to wait until the day of to make your cards do you? (*wink*)
I asked one of the pastors at my church for a "good" scripture for Father's Day.
He kindly provided me with a few. I chose this one because
it embodies the two sides of fatherhood... both parent and child.
Children are commanded by God to honor their father and mother.
(As a side note, we are taught that this commandment extends to all those in authority over us.)
In this scripture, Paul reminds us of this first commandment
and then exhorts fathers to "not provoke [their children] to anger,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
In the NIV version, the words are "do not exasperate your children."
The footnote explains this means that
"fathers must surrender any right they may feel they have
to act unreasonably toward their children."
Very good advice, don't you agree?
And, of course, most importantly, fathers are told to raise their children
"in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
My card for the challenge:
Thanks for stopping in.
I do hope you will stop over at
and see all the lovely DT work and while you're
there, be sure to check out the entries for this challenge!!
I love looking at all the beautiful things that
everyone creates!!
I hope each of you have a wonderful, love filled week!!
Until next time.....................tootles!!





I love this card, and the scripture reading is wonderful. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card and scripture reading!Thanks for joining the Stampin sisters in Christ challenge this week!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Chris
That scripture is the perfect one for a Father's day card. I love the medallion on your card. Thanks for sharing your card with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week!
ReplyDelete