Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stampin' Sisters In Christ

This week when I went to read
my family was sitting here in the studio
with me, so I read it out loud.
Here's what it said:
Scripture: Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."


Slavery can take many forms. It may be difficult to think of slavery as affecting us in these modern days. We associate it more with a history lesson – not something that we can relate to in our lives. Yet I, for one, am burdened by a yoke of slavery that prevents me from living in the freedom that Christ created for us. One of the things I struggle with is worrying. Honest to goodness my husband says that if there is nothing to worry about I will worry about not worrying! How is that like slavery you may ask? Well it keeps me from living in each precious moment and being thankful for it. When I worry about everything large and small it also affects my prayer life. I expend such energy on what could go wrong and what might happen that I end up praying for the “what ifs” instead of sending forth my thanks and praise. My life is so good – I am so blessed that my focus should be on that. So this is a burden in my life, not just for me but for those I love.

So today I give thanks! Thanks for our freedom as a country and to our service men and women both here and abroad. Thanks to our Lord for the gift of eternal life.


As soon as I started reading, my sweet
little family started snickering.
They are just sure that
this weeks hostess, Miesje Flach, was writing
MY story!! *LOL*
 I REALLY don't try to worry....but then I worry
that I'm not doing a very good job at not worrying!! *L*
I so relate to this devotion.
I REALLY am gonna work on this worrying stuff!!
After all...God is in control!!

Challenge: Make a red, white and blue thank-you card.
I'm also using this for a challenge at Scrappy Jo's!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
I hope you have a wonderful July 4th!!
Enjoy all the good BBQ's and watermelon!!

PLEASE, PLEASE
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!

Until next time...............tootles!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome red,white and blue card. Love that eagle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking eagle. I just love bald eagles. Since I live along the Mississippi river, we see them all winter long as they come to the river to fish. I love watching them soar. Such beautiful creations of God. I think your layout really showcases this eagle. I hope you are having a blessed week. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!

    ReplyDelete