Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If there were no words..........

.....How would you tell someone that you love them??

This card is for the challenge over at
Challenge: Make a card/project that uses no words on the front yet signifies love.

This is what the hostess, Miesje Flach, of this challenge wrote:
 
Scripture: 1 John 3:18 "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."

"It is easy to say, “I love you” to someone, especially someone you really do love with all your heart. Showing it is more difficult. Jesus tells us to love one another as He loves us. I believe that the verse today takes this a step further. I think it is a challenge to us Christians to show that love in everything we do and how we live our life (at least try to). It is wearing a happy face even when we have some troubles in our own life. It is helping someone we are not necessarily friends with. It is listening when we would rather be talking. “They will know we are Christians by our Love…….”. The “I love you words” can be said by rote, to anyone. The showing of that love in our everyday life is the challenge to all of us. So show us your love in a card or project."
Again this week, the challenge really spoke to me!!
I read this several times and I took a long look at myself
and those around me that I love. I tell them all the time that I love them,
that I thank God everyday for giving them to me, but what do I do that isn't words to show them I love them. Puts you on the spot doesn't it?? So, I took 2 index cards, (I write EVERYTHING on index cards) and wrote Tim on one, my husband, and Vashti, my daughter, on the other. Then I started writing things I think I do to show them I love them. When I was all down I did the hard part. I asked each of them, 'if there were no words, how would YOU know I love you??" I was happy to hear some of the things that I had written on my cards. But there were other things too. That made me even happier!!  Then I asked what things do you think we should be doing to show each other love without words. That was interesting too. We have made a pact to try to do more of those things everyday!! But we all agreed that we still want to be told that we are loved, and big hugs are always a great way to show love!!

I enjoyed this challenge...both the card part and the 'self check' part of the challenge.
Now I challenge you!! Why not take the time to ask yourself and your family how you show love without words. Then work on the the things that you think will show them even more!!
Remember to keep saying I Love You to those you love and the all important hug is a must!!

Thank you so much for reading this post. I know it's not my norm. I hope it speaks to your heart as well as it did to mine.  If you take the challenge to challenge yourself and your family, I would love to hear about how it goes. Please leave me a note!! Thanks!!

Oh...forgot........the card:

Until next time............tootles!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow an awesome card and I love what you said about how it is harder to show it! We sometimes do get caught up with our day to day lives and don't take that time we need to SHOW them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss M!!!! This card is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You are soooooooo creative!!!! It is fabulous!!!!! You did fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am so glad that you our blog post and the challenge meant something special to you. Your blog post just made my day! I love the way you took it a step farther. Thanks for sharing and for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Oh - and I ADORE the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love that you made a list to show how you love them, great idea. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ, hope to see you next week.
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Very elegant!I am so lucky that my family show love in so many ways, just by picking a single flower from the garden or hand writing a sweet note. Children are great at showing love without the $$$ Sadly big business know its a money spinner :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Melody, It's gorgeous and I definitely feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! What a blessing to read your post today! It's always wonderful to know that the work we put into our posts have touched someones heart or helped in some way! Your cards and asking them their thoughts too was a great idea and I'll bet you ALL are feeling a bit more love and appreciation for eachother for the exercise!!! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for this post and for joining us at SSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Melody - I love your challenge within a challenge! How powerful it is to speak without words - and this is something we all need to SPEAK LOUDER! Your post is inspiring and your card divine! I love your image and the colours! It is great having you play along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to see you and your fabulous creations! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    You sure touched my heart this morning. Your words and challenge means so much and the card is making me question many things in my family life. You see, my oldest son is deaf and it makes me wonder if I show him how much he is loved since he can not hear my words but only HEARS my actions.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! My cousin works as a sign interpreter for the deaf, but I never thought to use a hand sign on my card! Congrats on your shining star! You indeed are one! :)

    ReplyDelete